Thursday, January 03, 2013

Neighborhood Nooks

fruit stand
I like hearing about the lending libraries people are putting up around town.   I need to learn more about them.

I keep thinking there are all kinds of things that we could put next to sidewalks that would enrich our neighborhoods.  I've been drawing bits of things to make & put along the side walk, as places....
  • to stop and rest at
  • that hold things for sale
  • that surface local information (local events, ripe fruit, animal counts, etc.)
I keep calling these Neighborhood Nooks for some reason, and have been thinking about how they could surface the character of a neighborhood.

bench with woven branch roof

bench jointsbranch roof supports


neighborhood nook for posting infoneighborhood nook for sharingneighborhood nook with local map info

No comments: